The White Family Foundation has a two-step application process: the Online Letter of Intent Form or, LOI, and the Grant Request Proposal. We accept Letters of Intent from January 1st through to March 31st of each year. If the proposed grant project falls within the Foundation’s current program interests, a Grant Request Proposal may be invited. If invited, the Grant Request Proposal is due by May 31st of each year.
Received Grant Request Proposals will be reviewed by the Trustees and final decisions made before the end of calendar year. Grants approved for funding will be paid by April 15th of the following year.” The Letter of Intent online application requests are reviewed by the Foundation’s Program staff, but all decisions and grantmaking authority rests with the Board of Directors.
Letter of Intent Application Requirements:
The Letter of Intent (LOI) Application Form that you will submit via our online application form in the link below will ask you for the following information:
- your attestation that you are a registered 501(c)3, IRS public charity/non-profit
- your organization’s registered name, DBA(s) and complete contact details
- a brief description of your organization
- a brief explanation of the project to be supported
- the amount requested
Grant Request Proposal Requirements:
The Grant Request Proposal, once you are invited to submit, is more extensive than the LOI and should include:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Your Contact Details
- A table of contents that lists everything included in your proposal
- Case Statement
- Your Case Statement should be a thorough description of your organization and its general impact on our community. It should include a detailed description of the Project or Program (s) to be supported, its objectives and significance, and the ways that your organization will measure success of the identified outcomes.
- The Case Statement should answer the following questions:
- Who are you?
- What problem do you solve?
- How do you solve this problem and how do you measure success?
- What do you need from The White Family Foundation to help you solve this problem and be successful in executing your mission?
- Organization Annual Budget (current year)
- Organization Balance Sheet/Profit & Loss Statements
- Program Budget
- Your most recent IRS 990 tax filing (should be no more than two years old).
- Board Members & Staff:
- Detailed description of executive staff members, qualifications, and duration with the organization.
- Detailed description of the Board Members, qualifications, duration on the Board
- Board Member service and contribution requirements
- Additional Information: Please consider including documents such as a:
- current newsletter,
- an annual report,
- recent publications,
- news articles
- or other relevant materials about your organization and the proposed project.
- letters of support from community-based groups or professional associations.
- Marketing Collateral/Videos; 1-5 minutes in duration
- Non-Profit Status Documentation:
- IRS 501(c)(3) Determination Letter approving your not-for-profit status. This is NOT your state or federal tax-exempt notification or affirmation letter. This is your letter from the IRS granting the organization its 501(c)3 status.
- Florida Charity Solicitation of Contributions approval letter.
To begin the process of applying for a grant with The White Family Foundation, please access the link below to submit a Online Letter of Intent Application. It should take you about 15-20 minutes to complete this form. Please note, that this form is not savable at this time. Once it is submitted, the grant purpose and grant amount requested cannot be changed and must be reflected in your proposal.